Thank you for considering massage with me, I’m so happy you landed here.
My goal as a massage therapist is to use therapeutic massage techniques to help my clients with various issues without sacrificing the relaxation aspect of massage. I strongly believe that being able to relax and ease the stress on your nervous system during our treatments allows your muscles and body to respond to treatment more effectively.
For this reason, I avoid using therapeutic massage techniques in a painful manner. Deeper pressure and effective massage techniques can be used without stressing or aggravating your nervous system. Sometimes, slight discomfort can be experienced but through communication we can be sure that it’s never enough discomfort to disturb your nervous system.
There is so much value in stepping away from your life and being able to truly relax during your treatments. At Mellow & Move, you’ll see that relaxation and therapeutic massage go hand in hand to increase your overall mental and physical wellbeing.
I look forward to treating you,
Benefits of Therapeutic Massage
- reduce pain
- increase mobility of joints
- improve health of soft tissues
- decrease healing time of certain injuries
- decrease scar tissue and adhesions in soft tissue
- assist to correct certain types of postural dysfunction
- relieve hypertonicity (tightness) in muscles
- reduce trigger points (or “knots”) in muscles
- reduce stress and/or anxiety
- reduce body responses to stress and anxiety
- improves mood and relieve symptoms of depression
- improves quality of sleep
- increase overall sense of wellbeing and increase quality of life, especially in people dealing with chronic disease or conditions
Payment methods accepted: direct billing, cash, and e-mail money transfer. All prices are inclusive. I do not currently charge GST.
- 90 Mins. $135
- 75 Mins. $115
- 60 Mins. $90
- 45 Mins. $70
- 30 Mins. $50
I offer direct billing for the following insurance companies. If you do not see your insurance company here, you can pay your invoice and then send it in to your insurance company as a claim.
- AB Blue Cross
- Green Shield
- Empire Life
- Canada Life
- Canadian Construction Workers Union (C.C.W.U.)
- Chambers of Commerce (Johnston Group)
- CINUP (Johnston Group)
- Coughlin & Associates Ltd.
- Cowan (Express Scripts Canada)
- D.A. Townley
- Desjardins Insurance
- Equitable Life
- First Canadian (Johnston Group)
- GMS Carriers 49 and 50 (Express Scripts Canada)
- Industrial Alliance
- Johnson (Express Scripts Canada)
- Johnston Group
- La Capitale/Beneva
- LiUNA Local 183
- LiUNA Local 506
- Manulife Financial
- Maximum Benefit (Johnston Group)
- People Corporation
- TELUS AdjudiCare
- Union Benefits
- UV Insurance
A massage specially designed for pregnant people. Growing a human is serious business. Extra care and adjustments are made to give you the most amazing massage during any stage of your pregnancy. Our massage table can be adjusted and we have lots of support pillows to keep you comfortable.
When booking simply let me know that you are pregnant in the booking notes.
When an existing client tells someone about Mellow and Move and they book and complete a massage appointment, the existing client receives 50% off their next massage. The new client must list the existing client’s full name in the referral section of their intake form.
COVID-19 Protections for Massage Treatments
Masks are not required but your massage therapist will gladly wear one at your request.
Please reschedule your appointment in the following circumstances:
- If you have been in close contact with someone, within the last 10 days, who has tested positive for COVID-19
- If you or someone in your household has symptoms of flu/cold/COVID-19
- What do I wear (or not wear) during a massage? You decide. You undress to your level of comfort. Any body part that is not being worked on will remain covered by the sheet. Regardless of your level of undress, I can work around or over any clothed body parts. Most people undress and leave their underwear bottoms on. But, again, it’s up to you. I never give undraped massages.
- Do you care about acne, unshaven hair, stretch marks, rough feet, scars, etc? Nope. All bodies have a wide variety of “imperfections”. The things listed above and all body types are normal. We might not see them very often on other people because what people show us of their bodies in the media is very selective or edited. If your acne is painful or there are any open wounds, it will be discussed during your treatment and that area will be avoided. If I notice a skin abnormality that is concerning I may tell you to get it checked by your doctor.
- How clean do I need to be? Please shower/bathe with soap within 24 hours of your appointment or after a workout.